BETTER TRUCKS INC is hiring Delivery Associates for our residential and commercial delivery team. You will be given the keys to an Amazon Van, outfitted with awesome uniforms, and have access to the most cutting-edge technology in the logistics business.
The Delivery Drivers will be responsible for making small package deliveries to homes, apartments, and businesses in the Western Chicago Suburbs. Work for a company that has tremendous growth opportunities. Everyone starts as a Driver Associate. Perform well on all fronts and discover the opportunities ahead.
Better Trucks Inc is a new Delivery Service Partner, which means you will have the opportunity to help shape our company as we grow! Work with people that take pride in their work and help make Better Trucks become the BEST delivery company in Chicagoland!
This job is for motivated individuals. As a delivery driver, you will have to move quickly from the van to the delivery location.
ROLE REQUIREMENTS• Knowledge of the Western Suburbs of Chicago
• Computer literate to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with a scanner
• Fluent in English (Required)
• Large vehicle driving experience (Preferred)
• Delivery driving experience (Preferred such as Lyft, Fed Ex, UPS, Auto Parts, Pizza, etc.)
• Customer Service Experience (Required: Smile and be courteous to all customers)
• Deliver all assigned packages each day
• ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN THEIR CLASS C DRIVER'S LICENSE AND MEDICAL DOT CERTIFICATION POST 30 DAYS OF AMAZON TRAINING. THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. THIS IS REQUIRED TO DRIVE AMAZON "STEP-VANS."
• We operate 361 days a year, which includes weekends & holidays
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Must give consent to check Motor Vehicle Records.
• No At Fault Accidents
• No DUIs
• No Points on your record.
• 1 year of verifiable delivery driving experience (preferred)
• Experience with Larger vehicles like Sprinter Vans, 15 passenger vans, Bus, Box Truck, or Semi experience is a PLUS ( also Flex, Uber, Lyft, Pizza, Flowers, auto parts, etc.)
• Must be physically able to handle the walking, lifting, bending and stooping required to perform this job.
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance.
• Cannot have any physical restrictions on lifting, bending, stooping, turning, or squatting.
• Must be able to work at a quick and even pace:
• Delivering up to 250+ packages a day
• Being on your feet up to 10 hours per day while walking 3-4 miles per day
• Climb in and out of a van 100+ times a day.
• Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
• Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
• Must have a history of excellent attendance
• No history of calling in sick without a Dr. note
• Must be computer literate and able to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with a scanner
• Must be at least 21 years old
PERKS & BENEFITS
• BENEFITS AFTER 60 DAYS- MEDICAL, VISION, and DENTAL
• 2 WEEKS PAID VACATION
• PAID TRAINING
• Must be at least 21 to apply
• Must have a Valid Driver's License
• Must Obtain their Class C Driver's License and Medical DOT Certification within 30 days post-Amazon Training.
• Part-time and Full-time opportunity. Full-time includes health, vision, dental insurance as well as other optional choices. Full-time and Part-time drivers are eligible for PTO accruement. UTO is not guaranteed and must be approved by the Operations Manager.
BETTER TRUCKS AMAZON HQ
2478 Wisconsin Ave.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Better Trucks strives to provide all employees with equal employment opportunities. The Company’s equal opportunity policy precludes discrimination and harassment based on, but not limited to, age, race, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding, parental or career status, political belief, industrial activity, sexual preference, gender identity, and disability