BACKGROUND AND BELIEFS
Better Trucks is one of America's fastest-growing start-up delivery companies. We've built a terrific team and we're looking to add to our existing talented and hardworking workforce.
Become part of history and become a lead asset to continue the growth of this vastly growing company. Better Trucks was launched in 2018, originally as an Amazon Delivery Provider in Chicago. While it was incredibly educational to work alongside the worldwide leader in last-mile delivery, the Better Trucks team quickly realized these very same services were desperately needed by virtually every other DTC company in the US.
In 2020, Better Trucks launched delivery services for retailers and fulfillment centers, offering same day, next day and 2-day delivery. Our deliveries now take place in 18 metros across 13 states with 34 additional metros coming online throughout 2022.
The guiding belief that drives everything we do at Better Trucks is the Never-Ending Pursuit of BETTER. We refuse to accept the wisdom of the status quo. You’ll never see us embrace “that’ll do.” Instead, every aspect of our company, from the culture we continually build to the tech-centric approach we use to deliver packages, everything revolves around one central tenet: “Be Better.” Not a single person, project, or process is above this guiding belief. Constantly striving to be better in all we do means we leave no stone unturned, no idea unconsidered, no technology immediately discounted.
If you are looking for an opportunity to put your detail-oriented and organizational skills to use, then you are a great candidate for our Central Operations & Dispatch Specialist Position! As a member of the operations team, you are responsible for monitoring/optimizing routes nationwide, for Better Trucks Last Mile and Middle Mile. You will be working in a fast-paced environment within a variety of metrics. Candidates must possess strong critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills. Candidates must also be able to work in a high-stress and fast-paced environment. Lastly, candidates must possess excellent leadership skills. If any of the above interests you, then please read on!
- Monitor and optimize routes nationwide.
- Solve package issues as they come, and promptly.
- Nationwide driver scheduling.
- Tracking packages at all times, as well as the status of each package (e.g., failed deliveries, age verification protocols, missing packages).
- Perform adequately by using a variety of metrics.
- Both physically and digitally checking delivery routes for quality.
- Ensure that all ILP's and partnerships are notified of delays in the line-haul, canceled line-hauls, and accurate arrival time of the line-haul, pallets, and having attention-to-detail in regard to BOLs.
- Ensure that each ILP / metro is covered with drivers.
- Perform vehicle inspections.
- Working with delivery partners nationwide and in a professional manner.
- Processing, improvement, and implementation.
- Scheduling daily pick-ups.
- Manage a variety of equipment.
- Monitoring the dispatch phone lines at all times.
- POD auditing.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school or equivalent (Required).
- English (Required).
- Driver's License (Required).
- US work authorization (Required).
- Minimum Age of 21.
- Must undergo a background check.
- Must be able to both take and pass a drug test.
- Must possess the ability to multitask.
- Must possess the ability to work in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with technology such as Samsara and OnFleet.
- Must be familiar with how to use an application with GPS and camera capturing software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel/Google Sheets, mass texting platforms, etc.
- Delivery, logistics, and supply chain experience is preferred!.
- Self-starting, proactive, and takes initiative!.
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must always show up for work on time, and professionally.
- Must possess excellent memorization skills.
- Flexibility to work for a vastly growing company.
- Must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
- Must be flexible to work any of the shifts outlined in this post.
- Must possess excellent accountability and empathy skills.
- Must treat ALL co-workers, delivery partners, and customers with the utmost respect.
- Must portray excellent professionalism, effort, and teamwork.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Customer Service experience is a plus.
- Mornings: 5:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Mid-Shift: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (whenever the work is done)
- Nightshift: 1:30 PM to Close (whenever the work is done)
- Candidates must be adaptable and flexible to work between the hours of 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Candidates must be flexible to work any 7 days out of a week.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Dental insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Vision insurance.
Better Trucks strives to provide all employees with equal employment opportunities. The Company’s equal opportunity policy precludes discrimination and harassment based on, but not limited to, age, race, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding, parental or career status, political belief, industrial activity, sexual preference, gender identity, and disability