BETTER TRUCKS is hiring Delivery Drivers for our Last Mile delivery team. You will be given the keys to a Better Trucks Branded Sprinter Van and have access to the most cutting-edge technology in the logistics business.
Delivery Drivers will be responsible for making small package deliveries to homes, apartments, and businesses in the Greater Atlanta/Norcross area(s). Work for a company that has tremendous growth opportunities and can create new and exciting challenges for you. Everyone starts as a Delivery Driver. Perform well on all fronts and discover the opportunities ahead.
Better Trucks is a new Delivery Service Partner, which means you will have the opportunity to help shape our company as we grow! Work with people that take pride in their work and help make Better Trucks the BEST delivery company in Chicagoland, Atlanta, and nationwide.
This job is for motivated individuals. As a delivery driver, you will have to move quickly from the van to the delivery location.
ROLE REQUIREMENTS• Knowledge of the Greater Atlanta Suburbs
• Computer literate to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with a scanner
• Fluent in English (Required)
• Large vehicle driving experience (Preferred)
• Delivery driving experience (Preferred such as Lyft, Fed Ex, UPS, Auto Parts, Pizza, etc.)
• Customer Service Experience
• Smile and be courteous to all customers
• Deliver all assigned packages each day
• We operate 361 days a year, which includes weekends & holidays
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Must give consent to check Motor Vehicle Records.
• No At Fault Accidents
• No DUIs
• No Points on your record.
• Must give consent for drug testing/background checks (must be taken within 1-3 days post interview, and will be scheduled by Better Trucks Staff)
• Must be able to pass a background check going back 7 years (No exceptions)
• 1 year of verifiable delivery driving experience (preferred)
• Experience with Larger vehicles like Sprinter Vans, 15 passenger vans, Bus, Box Truck, or Semi experience is a PLUS (also Flex, Uber, Lyft, Pizza, Flowers, auto parts, etc.)
• Must be physically able to handle the walking, lifting, bending, and stooping required to perform this job.
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance.
• Cannot have any physical restrictions on lifting, bending, stooping, turning, or squatting.
• Must be able to work at a quick and even pace:
• Delivering up to 100-200+ packages a day
• Being on your feet up to 10 hours per day while walking 3-4 miles per day
• Climb in and out of a van 100+ times a day.
• Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
• Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
• Must have a history of excellent attendance
• No history of calling in sick without a Dr. note
• Must be computer literate and able to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
• Must be at least 21 years old
PERKS & BENEFITS
• BENEFITS AFTER 60 DAYS- MEDICAL, VISION, and DENTAL (Full-Time)
• Optional Benefits options through Colonial Life as well! (Full-Time)
• 2 WEEKS PAID VACATION (Part-Time and Full-Time)
• Must be at least 21 to apply (Required)
• Must have a Valid Driver's License (Required)
• Must be flexible to work on weekends (Required)
• Receive payment weekly
Better Trucks strives to provide all employees with equal employment opportunities. The Company’s equal opportunity policy precludes discrimination and harassment based on, but not limited to, age, race, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding, parental or career status, political belief, industrial activity, sexual preference, gender identity, and disability