Better Trucks is a fast-growing regional last-mile carrier designed for the now or never economy.
We work directly with leading retailers, eCommerce firms, and fulfillment centers to help get packages and parcels from checkout to in-home in under two days.
We have an immediate opening for a full lifecycle account executive to help fuel our growth.
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to work with both company leadership and other demand and delivery teams members to leverage our ideal client profile, research prospective firms and personas, execute outreach, and support our end-to-end sales process.
Successful individuals combine a positive attitude, high energy, and curiosity with strong attention to detail, day-to-day discipline, and an innate drive to be successful. Above all else, we’re looking for results-driven individuals to help push the firm to its next level of growth.
Rigor and consistency in your approach are key, but no two days in this role will be alike. You will be responsible for:
• Developing account lists based on the firm’s ideal client profile
• Developing and maintaining lists of prospects within key prospective clients
• Working with the leadership team to create messaging
• Conducting research on your prospective accounts in order to develop relevant and value-driven messaging
• Conducting research to identify the right third-party reports to provide
• Building multi-touch and multi-channel sequences
• Executing outreach across a variety of channels including email, cold calling social media, and several other channels
• Booking and setting up qualifying phone calls with prospective buyers
• Executing a series of follow-ups after the qualifying calls
• Working with leadership to convert initial interest into tangible opportunities
• Working with leadership to close deals and get new clients onboard
• Supporting the end-to-end sales process through various means
• Building relationships with prospective buyers
We’re an entrepreneurial firm, looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment. Other key qualities for this role include:
• Ability to easily work with high volumes of data
• Familiarity with CRM technologies, sales engagement platforms like Outreach, data tools, and other marketing and sales technologies
• Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
• Ability to identify the needs and challenges of our prospective clients based on research
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Comfort working in a metrics-driven environment.
• Interest in building your own personal brand on social media
• Ability to think creatively in developing messaging and your outreach strategies
• Desire to work closely with on a cross-functional team
Preferably this position will be located in Chicago but open to remote for the right candidate.
• 2-4 years experience in a B2B, SaaS, or high-tech sales, account executive or business development role; Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or a related field.
• You have a proven track record of sales success in a B2B sales environment
• Strong work ethic, integrity, and desire to succeed
• You love working in consultative sales, with multiple decision-makers and stakeholders, varying complexity
• Experience selling to the shipping and logistics industry is a plus
• Travel up to 25% of the time excites you
PERKS & BENEFITS
• Competitive base pay and commission structure
• Comprehensive benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
• Internal training programs
• Flexible and remote working options
• Healthy life/work balance
• Fun, collaborative work environment